Saturday 26 March 2011

New

9 months have passed. Things have changed. I came here with a dream any ordinary teenager has when he comes to a big city. I wanted to be independent, I wanted to change. Things changed right from the day mom and dad left me here. I have dreams, huge ones. As college started I realized how it feels to be homesick. It's sick. Trust me. This is for people who don't have any experience staying away from family. Days passed and i made new friends. I couldn't help notice so many differences between Bangalore and Mumbai. Life is so different and fast. Over here i realized that i cannot be the same. I had to change myself. Its hard to do so. Life is fast. People in the big city are different. As months passed i found it difficult to trust people. Like I said people are different here. I became very conscious about money. I realized the value of money in my pocket. Thanks to that now i can call myself 'kanjuce'.

There was a fear in me whenever I was at the station. Mom , Dad and a few others had given me strict instructions on what to do when at the station. Wallet front pocket,cellphone in my hand, bag in the front and no talking to others. Days passed , months passed and i actually got used to it. Now I am one of them who gets into the trains first, shouting and pushing.

The best part I like about the place is the sea. One place to relax. One place to be in peace. I'm satisfied with the place where I have taken up the PG accommodation because of its proximity to the college and to the beach. Anyday I'm low i decide to walk up to Dadar Chowpatty. I could sit and look at the sea for hours.

Well thats the title for my 1st post 'new'. A new life, a new enviornment, new people..

14 comments:

  1. love the LAST line.....conveys a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like it...I could feel what you had written..it goes deep. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Anurag....!!:)
    Hope u r liking ur new life there..!! but dont change yourself just lead a different life....
    nice post!:)

    Sezel..!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always appreciated your simplicity brother and i can see that from this first post of yours.Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the total 'dil se' kind! :D
    I love this line- "I could sit and look at the sea for hours"

    And dude, you should totally go to Marine Drive someday!
    :)
    At night if possible!
    You'd never wish to get back to your PG accomodation also then! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and nice..a very good beginning..something new from you!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good start Anurag, Keep writing and posting! Looking fwd to more of ur posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well written, captures the essence of a person completely enamoured and drawn towards this city breathing life into you. Looking forward to some more : D

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really nice anurag... very simple..and thats what makes it so very nice...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's beautifully written :)...you have captured the essence of the change...cant wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. just what Mumbai is... an experience in itself...fast yet helpful.. harsh yet full of opportunities.. full of people yet individualistic.. its beauty lies in its diversity... its essence in its vast sea..

    nice post... simple yet beautiful.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anurag..

    :)Smile re! :) You're experiencing something that a lot of people never get to! And see how it's helped you! Now you can climb trains! :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete